APEX Accelerators (Formally PTAC) Understanding and Obtaining HUBZone Certification (2023 Update)
The SBA revamped its HUBZone rules in the last few years, making several changes to the HUBZone program. However, we continue to see updates to how SBA interprets these rules as it puts out policy guidance frequently. In this webinar, government contract attorneys Nicole Pottroff & John Holtz from Koprince McCall Pottroff LLC discuss these changes and SBA’s related guidance. They also provide an overview of the HUBZone program’s requirements, including:
- Ownership, control, and other HUBZone eligibility criteria.
- Benefits: HUBZone set-asides, sole-source contracts, and price preference.
- The principal office rule and why it may not be your headquarters.
- The 35% employee rule and the “attempt to maintain” standard.
- Who qualifies as an employee, and what happens if they move.
- Maintaining records of work performed by employees.
- The clear line of fracture standard.
- Annual certification.
- Program examinations.
- Maintaining compliance in a changing landscape.
If you’re a HUBZone contractor trying to navigate these uncharted waters or have thought about obtaining HUBZone certification in the future, this webinar is for you.
Target Audience: Companies pursuing contracting opportunities with the federal government
NICOLE POTTROFF, Equity Partner at Koprince, McCall, Pottroff, LLC and
JOHN HOLTZ, Associate at Koprince McCall Pottroff LLC
Register: Understanding and Obtaining HUBZone Certification (2023 Update) – Govology
Contact your APEX Accelerator (formerly LA PTAC) counselor for code to receive this training for free.