PTAC: An Introduction to Government Small Business Certifications
his webinar provides a big-picture overview of small business certifications in the government marketplace. In this webinar, you will learn about various federal small business certification programs, including Small Business Self Certification, Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) & 8(a), Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB), Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZone), Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB), and Economic Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). We will also touch on state and local certification programs and provide information on additional training and resources you can use to develop a deeper understanding and get help with any federal, state, and small business certification program.
After completing this course, you will:
- learn why certification programs can be helpful for small businesses;
- learn how to determine if you are eligible for a federal small business certification;
- find out where to apply for various federal certifications;
- learn about various types of state and local certification programs;
- understand how state and local small business certification programs differ from federal, and
- learn about additional training and resources to help you navigate federal, state, and local certification programs.
Target Audience: Small business contractors pursuing opportunities in the government marketplace
Live webinar training on June 23rd
To register: Small Business Certifications 101 – Govology
This training is free for PTAC clients. Please contact your PTAC counselor to receive the free code.
Instructor: Steven Koprince, Govology Legal Analyst